Neil @ RMC Retro restores this black Amiga 4000 back to original with one of our wraps
Amiga A4000 case wrap
Introducing a complete wrap for the metal case of the standard Amiga A4000 - instantly cover your A4000 with a special colour-matched vinyl!
Ideal for old and unsightly cases or if you just want to protect your original. Our vinyl wrap is available in four colours with an additional "protection only" wrap for perfect cases you want to preserve.
Each colour option has been carefully colour-matched to be as true to the original colours as possible:
- OriginalOyster Grey: a close colour match for the original paint on the A4000. This is a complimentary light-grey with a subtle beige tint, then finished with a tough matt textured laminate to protect and mimic the textured finish of the paint.
- Light Beige: a very subtle beige which is very close to the front panel of the A4000. Perfect if you wanted a consistent tone of colour over the whole machine. This colour was not used originally so is really down to personal preference. Again, this colour is finished in the same matt textured laminate.
- Jet black textured: a matt black textured vinyl.
- Satin black carbon fibre: a satin finish 3D carbon-fibre textured vinyl to create a more industrial, futuristic look.
- Clear textured protection: just the clear matt textured laminate which you can apply to already perfect paint to protect your machine.
Why use a wrap?
Minimal prep: just make sure all surfaces are clean and any loose paint is removed, then apply the wrap. The textured nature of the wrap will hide any minor inconsistencies in the surface.
Easy to fit: the wrap is slightly oversized so 100% accurate positioning is not required. We've cut out markers on the backing sheet to help you position it just right...then just peel-and-stick. The textured finish of the case allows any trapped air to escape, making for a simple bubble-free fit - and the wrap can be peeled back and repositioned if necessary.
No drying time: unlike paint, where you will need to wait long periods between coats, the computer is ready to use immediately after fitting.
What do I need?
A clean, dry microfibre cloth and IPA solution: this will allow you to clean the case properly before fitting the wrap. Any dirt and grease on the case may affect adhesion so it's vital that you clean properly first.
A felt-edge squeegee: we do not recommend attempting the fitting with a hard-edge card (like a credit card). A soft-edge squeegee will make things much easier and won't risk damage to the vinyl wrap. We sell suitable felt-edge squeegees if you need on.
A sharp bladed craft knife: preferably with a 30 degree angle blade - as this will allow you to easily remove the holes for the screws...but any sharp blade will suffice. This is needed to cut out the screw holes and trim the excess material from the wrap after fitting.
Heat gun or hairdryer (optional): applying some heat after the installation can help speed up the adhesive curing time on the wrap, making it more permanent. It's not strictly necessary as the adhesive will cure over time anyway.
Huge thanks go to Neil @ RMC for his support in creating and testing this product, without whom it would not have been possible. If you don't already subscribe to RMC on YouTube, you can find him here. We also highly recommend a visit to The Cave where you can see Neil's wrapped A4000 in person! Book a visit to The Cave.
Images for illustration purposes only. Colours shown are not truly representative of the actual printed colour and will appear differently on different screens.
Please note that removal of any of these covering may cause damage to existing paint unless it is completely sound. Use of some gentle heat from a heat gun will facilitate removal and minimise any damage.
Ordering from the outside the UK?
You may have to pay an additional import VAT charge of 19-21% on this product, plus additional customs handling fees for your order.